Some homeowners focus on their lawns only in the summertime, and then wonder why the weeds and invasive plants take over their yard year after year. If you want the greenest lawn in the neighborhood, you must prioritize the condition and health of your grass in every season. At Arbor-Nomics, we proudly offer quality lawn care services for customers in Atlanta, GA and nearby communities. Are you tired of struggling with your patchy lawn? Follow these seasonal guidelines to get the lush lawn you’ve always dreamed of.
The spring season is the perfect time of year to clean up your lawn.
- Get rid of weeds, crabgrass, leaves and debris.
- Give your mower a tune up, especially if it has been stored out of the way over winter.
- Provide your grass with additional fertilizer to boost growth after dormancy.
- Temperatures rise quickly in Atlanta, so you’ll need to be very proactive about weed control early in the season.
During the summer, grass is enjoying maximum growth.
- If you’ve had outdoor pests in the past, invest in some professional services to rid yourself of grubs, fleas, ticks and other problem causing insects.
- Mow more frequently and try mowing slightly higher than normal to encourage deep roots and thick blades of grass.
- Be sure to keep your blades sharp to get a clean cut and improve moisture retention.
- Warm climates may suffer from a lack of water during the hottest months of the year. Your grass will need at least an inch of water every week, so you may need to install an irrigation system if you aren’t receiving adequate rainfall.
- Continue feeding your grass the nutrients it needs to thrive a second application of fertilizer can help maintain a lush landscape.
- Warm season grasses will need one more application of fertilizer early in the fall.
- During this time, the growth of your grass will begin to slow down, so mowing may not be necessary as frequently.
- Trees will begin to shed their leaves, so keep a rake handy to keep debris off your lawn.
Grass is dormant in the winter if temperatures drop below a certain temperature.
- In warmer regions, grass can continue growing well into the holiday season. Keep an eye on the weather report and only water the grass when there’s no chance of frost.
- Restrict traffic on your lawn during this time to avoid unnecessary damage.
- If you decorate in December, be careful when placing items on your grass.
Is Your Lawn in Need of Professional Care? Call Arbor-Nomics Today
Are you ready to invest in professional lawn care services to improve the health and vitality of your grass? Then call the experts at Arbor-Nomics. Our Certified Landscape Technicians have the training and hands on experience needed to restore the beauty of your landscape. Contact our friendly, knowledgeable Account Specialists and discover more information about our wide range of services. We can also help you choose the perfect time to meet with a lawn care provider in Atlanta, Alpharetta, Woodstock, Brookhaven, Sandy Springs, Cumming, Roswell, Georgia or a surrounding metro area city.